Question
Posted by: TP | 2004/11/12

Single and want to get married

How do I find the right guy? I would likle to be married within the next 4 months. I am not desperate, I just want to set myself this goal. I know what makes a good relationship. how do I spot the good mature one?

Would it be different or easier if I were a man?

Funny, but men think it must be easier for women, and vice versa. If you want a good, lasting and happy marriage, your goal is doomed to failure, as although you might persuade someone to go along with such a daft timetable, you are highly unlikely to find someone you'll be lastingly happy with, and vice versa, within 4 months. What on earth is your great hurry ?

2
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/12

Hi TP,

How would being a man make it easier for you to marry?
As I understand, you are not currently in a relationship, so why set yourself a goal that you may attain irrespective of how you are gonna spend the rest of your life with someone you might just detest in the long run? Does your feelings not play a part in this huge decision? Knowing what it takes to make a good relationship does not necessarily mean that you may be good at being in a relationship.
Or are you saying that you just want to marry & totally promise to be absolutley committed to making your partner the most happiest person on earth for the rest of his life, no matter what/who he is???

Would really like to know?

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Kay | 2004/11/12

You want to get married within the next 4 months? You havent even met anyone yet! It takes alot longer than 16 weeks (or less in your case) to even begin to know someone let alone marry them. Good grief girl....slow down. Whats the big rush anyway? Marriage is not something that you just "get" - like going to a party. Its (hopefully) a lifelong commitment by two people who know each other well enough to realise that they can live together and be happy.

Any person who sets marriage as a "goal" without a prospective partner in mind and within a specific time frame is in my mind not serious about marriage or commitment and really needs to take a good look at life.

Reply to Kay