Question
Posted by: CJ | 2006/03/30

SIMBA - neuro problem?

I've got a miniture doberman pincher. He cannot run as good as he used to and his one behind leg limps sometimes. Especially when he gets worked up his whol body seems to be not functioning properly.

I took him to two different vets and the one did not know what is wrong the other told me that the dog has got a neurological problem.

What could it be and what can we do to assit him.

It is absolutely impossible to answer this question without full clinical examination and evaluation of neurological function and muscular function. You can now request referral to a specialist in your area for further evaluation.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Chill | 2006/03/31

Your vet should be telling you what to do... surely he didn't just abandon you to your fate?

Go back to him if he didn't explain properly - or even phone him, and ask him what you are supposed to do next.

If the dog has neurological damage, then it's possible that this can't be cured, but the vet should have made that clear to you.

Reply to Chill