Question
Posted by: Sophie | 2007/04/12

Silent treatment

My BF is not talking, when I ask him whats wrong he claims there is nothing wrong! what happened on tuesday is that I asked him to bring takeaways for dinner and he did not. Upon his arrival I asked him whether to pre heat food that has been frozen or for him to do his 2 minutes steak as am not good at it. He told me he was undecided and later on he went to the kitchen to pre heat dinner for himself. I went to sleep and he slept on the couch! he has not talked to me since then. What do I do? do I give him time to come around? This is not the first time he is doing this.

If there's nothing wrong, there'd be no reason for his behaviour to change. I wuld suspect that something else is going on, judging by your description of his behaviour.

4
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2007/04/12

Hi Sophie,

I agree with SOLO - happened to me once..

So you're ready to let him go this time - do it, he wants his freedom, but take heed - he might realize what he lost and that he took you for granted when it's a little too late.

Think about the other options -

Something else is bugging him, then why does he not turn to you for advise and why does he take it out on you.

He's hiding something...(not good)

If he is in fact giving you the silent treatment because someone phoned you, or you weren't there when he came home from work - that's just silly and he needs to grow up..

Reply to Blondie..
Posted by: SOLO | 2007/04/12

Hi Sophie

coming from a guy to some I see cares quiet a bit for him, he is hiding something..I'm ashamed to say it at one stage I was going through a difficult relationship( maybe not in your case) I had to hide stuff from her inorder for me to get out of that relationship try and find out what his intension are is bugging him (even ask him straight "so you want to leave me" this usally sparks the point quiet well..You don't need someone like that.. if it happens once it happens twice...and then there is no stopping maybe its his way of saying he wants out... it was my way aswell.. but I got to doing the right thing.

Reply to SOLO
Posted by: Sophie | 2007/04/12

Joy, that man is crazy I don't even remember what triggered this behaviour before but we fight over the smallest things on earth. He could not be talking because I received a phone call or when he got home I was not there. I think am ready to let him go this time!

Reply to Sophie
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/12

I wouldve slapped him with the two-minute steak! hahhaaaa!
no shame, just joking..give him time to come around, although this doesnt sound very normal. What triggered the silent treatment before? Was it also something similar? Usually guys dont like talking about their problems but when its something so trivial and he acts up then i think you have a right to know whats up! There's obviously something he's not telling me cause it sounds kinda strange. Maybe you're not telling us the whole story?

Reply to Joy