Question
Posted by: Concerned Husband | 2005/11/21

Signs of Pregnancy, misscarriage

hi there

My wife and i have been trying to have a baby for 2 years now. We are both still in our 20's, hve been married for 3 years.
She has mis-carried 3 times during this period.
We just found out 1 week ago (via a home test) that she is pregant again. But she's nt feeling anything only sore breasts and tiredness.
She had had a few drops of blood early this morning - DOES THIS MEAN ANOTHER MISSCARRIAGE? What can we do?
And what are the signs of prgnancy that we shoudl look out for bec we are not sure how accurate the home test is.

I would really appreciate any advise...

Worried

Under the cicumstances I would suggest that she sees her doctor immediately. Any bleeding in pregnancy could indicate a miscarriage. Home tests are pretty accurate, particularly if she has missed a period.

3
Posted by: Ray | 2005/11/21

A miscarriage generally means there is a problem. Are you guys smokers, heavy drinkers, take illegal drugs? Is your wife on any medication? Have you had your sperm tested? As far as I know (Gynae Doc can correct me), if your sperm is underdeveloped or has a problem this may cause miscarriage. Taking a pre-natal multivitamin may help. But don’t stress yet- getting a doctors opinion will put your mind at rest. A woman is sexually developed from around 14-16 years old so I don’t think that is what the problem is, although you don’t say how old your wife is.

Good luck and try not to stress too much!

Reply to Ray
Posted by: SM | 2005/11/21

Hi Concerned Husband

The best is to make an appointment with her Gynae ASAP. Bleeding during a pregnancy is not always a good sign - a red flag that must not be ignored!
Especially if she's miscarried 3 times before.
HPT are usually very accurate but to make 100 % sure - do a blood test (R80.00 at any Lancet Lab).
Also, sore breasts & tiredness are very good indicators of early pregnancy ... but to ease your mind make an appointment with a Gynae.
All the best !

Reply to SM
Posted by: Nikita | 2005/11/21

I suggest you get her to a gynecologist as soon as possible.

The fact that she is still so young can also have an effect. Some ladies take longer to develop than other. All her female organs might not be fully developed. She might just be under stress or on some type of medication. Talk to you GP. Let him and the gynecologist do a thorough check up.

Reply to Nikita