Question
Posted by: Alicia | 2007/12/07

Signs of bleeding in one nostril

Dear Doc,

For the last month or so I have noticed some bleeding in my left nostril. It is not running, but seems to me that some of the veins in the nostril are damaged or something. Most of the time it is dried blood. I am not on any medication, but for the last week have been taking centrum. It can't be due to this as the bleeding started before this.
Thank you.

Dear Alicia

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult an Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon, to stop the bleeding by cortorising the affected artery or vein. This is a benign condition but I suggest that you monitor your blood pressure, as this is the one reason that you can experience continous nose bleeds.

Kind regards

4
Posted by: Gadija | 2008/12/04

I get nosebleeds in the same nostril daily for the past week.
I have had the nostril cauterised 3 times already. This is an ongoing problem but now seems to be getting worse. Bleeding starts at night when I sleep, during the day and keeps on for about 30mins before the blood thins and it subsides. I try pressing the area at the top of my nose but this seems to only well up the blood which then goes into my throat and comes out the other nostril. I suffer of low blood and low iron. Please advise what options I have available to decrease the frequency or treat it better.

Reply to Gadija
Posted by: Da B Man | 2008/09/04

Yesterday i had a bleeding nose something I never had before should I be worried

Reply to Da B Man
Posted by: ekke | 2008/05/06

I have been having what looks like thick blood clots coming from my nostrils when my nose bleeds. Is this normal. I have checked it out and it defnitely is not mucus

Reply to ekke
Posted by: Reshma | 2007/12/10

Hi , I also have the same problem , but both my nostrils bleed.
I thought I might be lacking some vitamins.

Reply to Reshma