Posted by: Ash | 2011/08/29

Side-effects of mold inhalation

We recently found out that we have a mold problem in our house, as there is a lack of ventalation. Yesterday, we cleaned out out cuboards and found mold everywhere! Im not sure how long the mold has been there, but eevr since we moved into the house, I had sinus problems, which I never struggled with before. Today, my chest feels a bit tight and I am coughing.

Is there any need to worry? Or should I just home-medicate myself?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Mold spores can cause a nasty chest infection, as well as other complications, if inhaled. You should consult your doctor for an examination and rather not home-medicate yourself. Please refer to the following article on mold health issues:

Get rid of the mold as soon as possible.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.