Question
Posted by: LC | 2006/04/19

Side effects of Melodene

My GP changed me from Triphasal to Melodene as I was getting Migraines . I am 43 and had been on Triphasal for 15 years. I still get headaches with Melodene, though not as severe. I have now hurt the ligaments in my back by cleaning floors - the physio thinks hormonal changes have caused the ligaments to weaken. Is this possibly a result of the change in the pill? Are the headaches still a cause for concern? Thankyou

The headaches are a cause for concern. You should probably use a different form of contraception to the Pill, especially as you are over 40. Hormones can affect bone thickness but would not result in you hurting a ligament.