Question
Posted by: Terblaam | 2008/01/23

Side effects of Eltroxin

My scalp has been itching for ± 14 months. Sometimes it is really bad. I've had 2 lots of antibiotics and 4 lots of betnovate scalp application and it does not get better.

I've been using Eltroxin for ± 16 months. At first .5 and now .1 per day. Could this (severe) itching be related to a side effect of Eltroxin?

Expert ImagePharmacist

T

You are not the first to experience this with eltroxin! A once dailt antihistamine such as deselex may improve the symptoms.

4
Posted by: FELICIA | 2009/04/15

side effects of eltroxin

Reply to FELICIA
Posted by: Jacky | 2009/02/19

Hi there I need more background information about underactive thyroid its symptons and what can be done about it

Reply to Jacky
Posted by: Daisy | 2008/08/27

Please clarify what effect Eltroxin would have on a healthy person - someone that doesn' t have a thyroid problem? Could this drug (1mg) be taken to assist with weight loss? The idea is not to use it for more than 3 months. Currently going to the gym, trying to eat healthier - just want that SOMETHING extra and thought Eltroxin might be it since it increases your methabolic rate??

Reply to Daisy
Posted by: thabi | 2008/04/18

Hi!

iI have been dignosed with thyroid disorder and I am taking eltroxin .What are the predictable problems cause I am a 40yr old woman

Reply to thabi