Question
Posted by: Bridgette | 2004/03/03

side effects of contraceptive pill

I've been taking Mirelle for about a week now. it makes me tearful but other than that it's (side effects of Mirrelle), for me, are fine. But at the same time I've been severely depressed for about 3 days, to the point where I cannot function. Can this be due to the Pill? I'm also taking Cilift at the same time.

It is possible that your depression is due to the Pill but, if you are depressed anyway, it will be hard to tell what the exact cause is. The Pill is known to make depression worse sometimes.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/11/13

I have been taking mirelle for a month now. I have not had any side effects up until now and have a bad headache. Do you think it is the pill or would the side effects kicked in in the first week? thank u

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/22

I'm on Mirelle and my second day and I have a severe rush on my face and I blame on the pill as my skin was smooth. should I continue using the pill or discontinue just worried if I'm not reacting to it. Please advise

Posted by: ciska | 2004/03/04

Hi there,

It might be the pill. I'm on Triphasil and they indicated on the pamlet inside the pack that people with depression shouldn't take it because it can worsen it. Which means it can also cause it very lightly. If the pill doesn't function with you properly and is more a hassle than anything else, I suggest you go 4 another pill that fits your needs.

Good luck. Hope I help. :-)

Reply to ciska