Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/06/20

Side effects - are these normal?

I've been on Cipralex for quite some time now and the other day my psychiatrist put me on Xanor (0.5mg) and Lamictin 25mg (I'm on half a tablet twice a day), later in the week I will be taking a full tablet twice a day.

I have got really bad flu-like symptoms (runny nose, sore and watery eyes, cough, sore throat, sensitivity to light,headaches etc). Are these normal side-effects to this medication or is it just a coincidence that I happened to get sick a few days after I started to take all this madication?

Every medication can cause side-effects, but the combination of symptoms you describe sound very like FLu / a cold, which are both common at this time of year, and aren't typically caused, in this combination, by these meds.

1
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2007/06/20

Sounds like it's just a coincidence because I don't think those meds can give you a runny nose, sore throat and watery eyes.

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)