Posted by: cm | 2008/07/08

sick & tired of pain - Dr's no help

Im so sick of being in pain! I suffer from chronic pain in the colon area due to colon surgery 5 years ago (lower part due to gangerine). I also had a G & C scope 2 weeks ago but had uncontrollable runs and pain since then. 1 GP said colon just very inflamed but Im so uncomfortable or sore I just feel like dying. Coloflac, Scopex Co, Buscopan, etc, etc DO NOT GIVE RELIEF. It feels like my stomach is pushing up into my chest. Now I dont know if that where the chest pain is stemming from cause I have been having bad chest pain aswell and the doc's say its inflammation. Used tabs 3 - 4 weeks ago (fninshed) but not getting better. PLEASE IM DESPERATE, IM IN PAIN & ITS REALLY BRINGING ME DOWN. CAN U PLS HELP ME!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear CM
You may need antibiotics like Flagyl for the inflamed bowel. Another medication that works well for this type of inflammation is Salazopyrine - but you will need a prescription from a doctor. Do you have a gastroenterologist you can see? Try going just on fluid diet for a few days - clear fluids like apple, grape juice and clear soups and jelly and take a probiotic 3 times a day in the mean time. Try a hot water bottle on your tummy for the pain - not too hot, just comfortably warm.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ann | 2008/07/08

Find a specialist!

Reply to ann

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.