Question
Posted by: Nats | 2006/10/30

Sick son

My son 3 years old was diagnosed with Glandular fever. I am just trying to understand what this is. Can you tell me where i can get some information on this on the internet.

Also, the doctor has said that from the blood tests, the enzymes in his liver say that his liver is enlarged. Where can i get information on that as well.

Please help. Thank you...

Dear Nats
It is a quite common infection of children by the Ebstein Barr virus and normally clears up by itself. It can affect the liver and the lungs but the enzyme count should go back to normal after the infection. They think that in teenagers and adults it can cause yuppy flu but I have never heard of a child getting yuppy flu from it.

1
Posted by: kiki | 2006/10/30

Try mayoclinic's website (not allowed to give address here), but its the usual www with .com at the end.

Best wishes.

Reply to kiki