Question
Posted by: liezle | 2008/02/04

sick puppy

my 6 month old maltese stomach started running last night and I saw she had also thrown up during the night. she is also lost one tooth yesterday? could this be that she is getting het adult teeth or is it something more serious?

No teething does not usually affect the stomach and intestines. If it is persisting please have the pup examined by your vet.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2008/02/04

Teething isn't going to make a pup throw up.

Watch her, make sure she's drinking, don't offer her all sorts of tempting treats, and if she isn't drinking, worsens, or it's not over in a day or two, take her to the vet.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Sindi | 2008/02/04

Same thing happened with my maltese puppy. His tummy was runny for about a day or so and I also saw he got sick, but only once. But he is only 4 months old and he started loosing his teeth about a month ago. His new teeth are all out allready. Maybe it varies from pup to pup, but although I don't think it is anything to be too concerned about, just keep an any on your puppy as it is true that they do dehydrate very very quickly. Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but has she been dewormed? I heard someone say once that having worms can also make them sick. If she has been dewormed, it is probably just something to do with her teething.

Good luck, hope all goes well!

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: . | 2008/02/04

its about time to start getting adult teeth. but dont take chances with runny tummies and vomiting. If it persist. rather go to a vet. puppies dehydrate quite fast.

Reply to .