Question
Posted by: whatsup | 2007/04/19

sick of not knowing

I have bladder infection type syptoms-no infection. Low grade fever (38.3 back to normal in an hour). Nausea. Loss of weight and appetite.Tender and sore glands at the crease of both under arms and in upper breast tissue/chest area and sometimes in groin. +4 blood count in urine and high white cells. Always start the "bout" in the same way-feel like i am coming down with a cold then bladder infection type symptoms with sore lower abdomen, sore flank area , sore glands. Had a cyptoscopy all clear-had kidney ultrasound all clear! +4 blood in urine visable when having the bout. Generally feel unwell. no gladular fever, no TB, no tick bite fever-checked for all that. Doctors coming up with zero except to say somethig is wrong. any suggestions?

Dear Whatsup
I hope your doctors are still working on the problem: the next step will be to take a kidney biopsy as this can also be signs of interstitial nephritis - the fever makes me suspect infection or inflammation.
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000464.htm
Urinary TB must be excluded by doing a IVU or intravenous urography studies as the blood tests or urine tests may not pick it up. I think you should be referred to a nephrologist if you are not yet with one.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/19

Maybe a specialist physician will come up with something? I can understand your frustation! I have had swollen feet (mostly my right foot, but sometimes my left foot is swollen as well) for 7 weeks now. You name it, I have had it. Venous doppler, venogram to rule out blood clots, abdomen ultrasound, extensive blood tests etc. and they were all fine. I am finally going to a vascular surgeon on Tues next week and hope that he will confirm what my gp and specialist physician think might now be the problem, i.e. that I have a lymphodoema problem. If its anything I can't deal with it's not knowing what's causing ongoing symptoms one has!

Try going to a specialist physician. Hope you find out what's wrong soon!

Reply to anxious