Posted by: Disgusted | 2008/08/04

Sick Minds

In the area I live I am very near to all amenities and normally walk to the nearest Spar or quickshop. The people in the area know my daughter and I very well because they see us taking our walk now and then. My daughter is 2 years old and a typically little girl who likes to dress up. On Saturday I was disgusted to the point where I didnt want to leave my house again. I was walking from the Spar and she was walking next to me eating a chocolate. 3 guys were approaching us from the opposite direction. I' m the type of person that believes that you cannot think ill of someone if you dont know them. One of the guys greeted me and I greeted back. Then he says to me that I have a very pretty daughter and I thanked him. Then he proceeds to ask me if he can have her so that he can have some fun with her. I was so disgusted and I couldnt believe that a grown man could say something like this. I was so horrified that i picked her up and basically ran home but he continued asking me. I didnt want to be rude as I didnt know if they were under the influence of drugs of alcohol. Is this world really this sick that men will openly ask questions like this. My daughter is my world and I would kill if anybody had to do something to her. Even sitting here writing this I am fuming, and just needed to get it off my chest.

What a disgusting experience ! Its never something a person would joke about, drunk or sober. I'd have throught of calling the police once you got home, if there was any chance they were still in the neighborhood. Discuss it with Childline, and check out other options

Posted by: Sandy | 2008/08/04

Hope they didn' t follow you home. Otherwise just make sure you keep an eye on your little one in case they try to steal her.

Reply to Sandy
Posted by: Curious | 2008/08/04

I am so sorry this happened to you. I don' t know what to say, I would be scared to death.
Have you thought of phoning child line and reporting it. This sounds like one very sick man. This is not a subject one would joke about so I can only think he is serious and you should take this seriously.

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/08/04

Some people are just siek, i don' t know what to say really disgusting.

this world is changing i don' t know where our kids are gonna be safe the next morning, schools are also not safe this days.

Reply to Lolo