Posted by: eeeech | 2008/08/08

Sick leave

last year i had surgery to have cancerous polyps removed from my bladder, i was in hospital for a week and 2 weeks recoveing at home. I also had 15 days off having chemo as the cancer had spread to my liver. i did not take any other days off even tho i was as sick as a dog. ALL my sick leave is finished and im actually in sick leave deficit. the polyps have regrown in my bladder andf i have to have them removed.again and will probably have chemo again. can my boss refuse to pay me for the days i will be off even though he is getting an insurance payout for my abscence (75% of my monthly salary) i have 25 years service with this company.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You would have to speak to your insurance company to find out exactly how much he is receiving and in light of that you should get atleast a cut back as per salary.

Posted by: anon | 2008/08/11

If you have used all your sick leave then he does not have to pay you whilst you are off.

Reply to anon