Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2005/01/11

sick dog

my 3yr old payment special is sick - not eating at all, drinking a little water, vomiting watery saliva, ears back, very runny redish stools. New puppy on the scene - possily disrupted her routine. She is not spayed. She and puppy played well together before but she has no energy now nor inclination to play. What do I do??? Please help!

I hope by this time you have taken your dog to the vet and that she's better already. It is probably viral gastroenteritis developing, and she will need veterinary help. Usually these conditions progress rapidly, so I am sure that by this time it would have played out.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

3
Posted by: TC | 2005/01/13

Ons hond het die presies selfde simptome gehad en alhoewel ek rerig hoop jou geval is nie ernstig nie was dit toe hondegriep gewees. In so 'n geval is Chill & L reg - kry die woef so gou moontlik by 'n veearts en intussen is dit ook BAIE belangrik om te sorg dat hulle nie de-hidreer nie.

Reply to TC
Posted by: Chill | 2005/01/12

This dog is sick. Take her to the vet, immediately. You can't mess around - you might be lucky and it's something minor, but it could also be very serious. And the longer you wait, the worse the consequences.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: L | 2005/01/11

Die oomblik as 'n hond ophou eet moet hy na 'n veearts geneem word. Dit kan net wurms wees, of dit kan iets meer ernstigs wees. Is die honde al ingeënt?

Reply to L