Question
Posted by: MissyR | 2007/05/09

sick b/f - sad time

Hi CS and all

I hope that you'll remember my posting about my sick boyfriend. The doctors have still not made a biopsy yet because of his family and him included! their reasoning: they fear for his life - well so am I but I think he should do it! It is sad to see my b/f limping and semi-paralyzed because he was once a strong man - but i guess we must just be thankful that he is alive. He has a problem of accepting that it is some kind of brain cancer and therefore trying other herbal stuff - which I don't think will help! I am not being a pessimist but I am just facing reality. CS I am scared and hurting and unfortunately I cannot tell him that, I just need to be the stronger one here for both of us but inside it's killing me - I really don't know how to handle this! He has had two attacks in three months and God knows in heaven how scared I am - I am hoping for a miracle! Sometimes I find myself preparing for when he's gone - i know it's wrong of me, but if he doesn't deal with this now - the doctors have told him that he might loose his voice and sight! Can I really handle that? that's the question that's troubling me right now! How do I get him to accept his condition and just go for the Op - it's not easy I know!!!

Of course youi are scared and hurt --- that's natural. Miracles can happen, but getting the right diagnosis and treatment is the best way to help a miracle to happen, rather than pretending that there's nothing wrong. It isn;t wrong of you to think about preparing for when he's gone, that's realistic. You can't be the one who "gets" him to accept his condition and go for the op --- but the doctors treating him have an obligation ( discuss this with them ) to provide a suitably skilled counsellor to discuss this with him and hep in this regard, and the Cancer Association may also be able to help, as they can sometimes find someone who has had a similar condition to talk with him

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/10

Just pray and thank God that he can still see etc. Ask God to make him strong and to help him fight this. Only God can help!

Reply to Echelle