Question
Posted by: just dont know anymore | 2007/04/10

sick and tired

Hi, i'm at my wits end, my life is one big hole, i've come off of Lilly fluoxtene now for about 2 months cause i've been on it too long 3 years. I don't want to take anymore medication. I'm sick and tired of life everything is just wrong i've read all the self help books and they all serve the same purpose as a chocolate nice to eat but then fattens you up afterward. I'm in an ever struggle with my weight and feels like its an obsession already food rules my life. Obsession rules my life in everything i'm in a job that pays minimal cause i'm not qualified for antyhing else i work my arse off so theres no time to study hell there isn't any money for that either. i feel like white trash and hate the fact that all i do is just a failure. i'm really tired of my life...i will never take my own life i think i'm just tired and wish that i could die..black velvet...dont tell me to see someone, i've been there done that i just want out

See a good local CBT counsellor / therapist ( your shrink ought to know of one if not providing this crucial treatment himself / herself. If you despair about seeing anyone, then you obviously haven't seen the right person yet. YOur description of the overwhelming habit of negative and despairing thinking you are mired in makes it clear that Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy should work well with you, if you really give it a proper chance to work

1
Posted by: BPD | 2007/04/10

I must just tell you that I don't think it was a great idea to come off your medication. I think that your body has built up an immunity to the meds and I think you should go to a Psychiatrist and get a different drug for the condition. Have you been diagnosed with a specific condition?
You should be greatfull that you have a job!!!! I don't have one as I can't hold down a job for longer than a month or so...
if you have a job, surely you are entitled to annual leave? take some and get away for a while...

Reply to BPD