Question
Posted by: someone | 2008/01/22

Sick and Confused

Hi, me and my girlfriend where together for 7 years and engaged since okt last year , sunday she told me that she no longer feels the same for me as she did ,and she needs some time on her own and she doesnt know how she feels about me. I am totally defestated ,i am phisicaly sick i cant sleep eat and i am nauseous and my hand shake.I have 3 questions , how can someone just no longer love you anymore ,maybe someone else in her life which she denies or could this just maybe be a time for her to make sure if she really loves me. Secondly ,how can i make myself feel better is there any medication or whatever i just cannot feel so sick and empty anymore...lastly , should i still hope that she'll come back to me.

Its obviously deeply upsetting when a partner springs something like this upon you, wespecially if there was no warning, and if there was no attempt to identify problems ( if any ) or to solve them, eg through relationship counselling. At the very least she owes you a far more sensible explanation of what's going on. AThere could be any number of expplanations for whatever is going on, none of them justifying just dumping this on you. Medication doesn't help this sort of situation, and beware of the temptation to self-medicate with alcohol, etc --- which generally leads to worse problems. See a counsellor if necessary, rather.
Whether she might come back or not, we can't tell you, and probably, even with the use of a lie detector, she couldn't right now tell you ro tell herself. Time will tell, though waiting for it to do so will inevitably be uncomfortable

1
Posted by: someone | 2008/01/22

Thanks , she also says that time will tell , how long time do you think i should give her? i suggested that we stay appart and see if we cant fix this by going to see a counsellor..

Reply to someone