Question
Posted by: SSSSSSSS | 2007/05/08

Siamese fighting fish care

How can I try to keep my fish in it's glass cube at constant teperature during the winter? My house is very cold and big so I cant seem to position the fish at a place where its warm and constant temperature.

Please get advice from a pet store specialising in fish. They may be able to supply you with water heater that will do the job.

2
Posted by: JK | 2007/05/09

Not sure what you mean by cube but depending on the size you could buy a small heater (25w) at any pet store. This will allow you to keep a constant temp. The heater will only go on when the temp drops so you can use it all year round. Keeping it close to a lamp is not a good idea

Reply to JK
Posted by: SUN | 2007/05/08

Place the cube next to a lamp and keep the lamp on - that is what we did in the winter with our siamese fighter and it did seem to make a difference - otherwise move the cube to a sunny place - the warmest room in the house. They def. are very susceptible to a change in water temperature.

Reply to SUN