Question
Posted by: Naas | 2007/04/02

Shyness

Some advice on shyness please doc? Seem to be quite shy and afraid of social events,public speaking etc. Please help

CBT Cognitive-Behaviour Therap[y works best for this, possibly aided by some medication. So assessment by a good local shrink is the best way to get started on this. Aklso, check out what's available through Exclusive Books and Kalahari.net, as there are some really useful self-help books on shyness / social anxiety, especially those using a CBT approach by which you can start to help yourself

2
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/03

Wear a GOOD pair of paints, clean your shoes, matching socks, iron the pants and shirt - wear a cartoon tie or something, wear that orangey colour AXE aftershave (plus the deoderant) - you will feel so good you will act it out.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Annelize | 2007/04/02

Why are you shy? You are a human being with just as much worth as anyone else on this planet. What works for me when I need a bit of courage is I will put on a power outfit that fits with the occasion, use my best perfume and put extra effort in with my make-up. Obvioussly you are a guy and can't do that, but I am sure there are things guys do that makes them feel good or powerfull or full of selfworth!

Reply to Annelize