Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/26

Shy about this

Hi there, I am very shy about this, but do need an answer. I lately noticed that my vagina smells - I wash with white soap, tried unperfumed soap, everything but after an hour that I have gotten out of the shower it stinks again, or in the morning. I started using pantyliners and put babypowder thereon, this actually reduces the smell. But other times when I dont have panty liners on I can smell it through my pants, and it really worries me, obviously other people can smell it too. Please help me. thanks

See your gynaecologist to check that there is no infection. Remember that all women have some smell.

8
Posted by: regular | 2005/07/26

when you use the cream, just wear a pad or pantyliners then you wont mess the sheets!! simple as that

Reply to regular
Posted by: Norma | 2005/07/26

Don't worry, like Hadit said, get a cream or you can use Betadine Douche, worked for me.

Good luck and congrats on getting married....

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Hadit | 2005/07/26

I had a similar thing, I smelled like raw fish ! . Got really worried and conscous of myself . I went to see a doctor - was'nt even a gynae and I informed her ( luckily she was a woman). She tested my uring and confirmed that it's an infection , a normal thrush infection which affects more than 50 % of woman at one stage or another in their lives . My husband was already asking quetsions wondering where I got the infection from . Luckliy my dr. explained that it's basically bacteria and when exposed to oxygen emits those bad odours . I was given a cream .which I bought over counter ( it's not presciption ) You basically insert an plicator down there and push the cream through before you go to sleep. It can be quite messy on your sheets / underwear but it does not leave marks. Within one day of using the fungal cream , the smell had drastically toned down a bit . On the second day , it was completely gone . I was supposed to use it for the few more days even though the odour was gone . Clever me , as soon as the problem was gone , i stopped . A few months later it resurfacsed and I was told by the pharmacists that I had to use it for specified days even when the smell is gone . So I folowwed the instructiuons second time around and I havent experienced it again . So moenie worry nie , go to your pharmacist , speak to someone you feel comfortable with and in no time thw problam will be gone

Reply to Hadit
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/26

Jessica S,

Some times you can have thrush and not even know it. I would definately go to the gynea since you are getting married soon and have the problem checked out before hand...

GOOD LUCK

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Jessica S | 2005/07/26

Hi there, i do wear cotton underwear, I dont have a bath, only shower. I thought thrus was something you can see, like a whiteish discharge. I am getting married next month so I will go to gynae beforehand. thanks for your suggestions.

Reply to Jessica S
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/26

NOT ME, SORRY!! New Jessica please just add a 1 to your name. You might get confused with me, I'm preggies!

As for the smell, it can be a thrush or something, the best to do is consult your doc, he can prescribe something to clear it up

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/26

You should try using cotton underwear, that might help. Also are you using any type of bubble bath? It was suggested that you use Wheatgerm bubble bath. Perhaps you have an infection. When is your first appointment with the gynea?? Could just be the change of hormones in your body.

U are the Jessica that just confirmed pregnancy aren't you??

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/26

I have the same problem even though i bath 2 times per day and have tried everything. I hae had tests done to check for infections but nothing. I would also be interested to know if anybody out there knows what causes this and what we can do about it. I'm so glad to know i'm not the only person with this embarrasing problem

Reply to Curious