Question
Posted by: Lin-ze | 2004/10/08

Shuddha Certified food

Im in the promotional field. Week after week i read briefing documents that tell us all the product information, like its nutritional value etc. But I am always puzzled at the part where it states that "this product is Halaal, Kosher and Shuddha certified". I understand and know what halaal and kosher mean, but i have not the foggiest idea what shuddha certified means. Could you help me on this matter please?

Dear Lin-ze
I must say that I have not heard of this classification. I can only guess that it is religious group, possibly Hindu. They usually list the organisation that is responsible for the certification, e.g. Beth Din for Kosher, so if you can find the name of the certifying organisation, then you could look them up in the telephone book and ask which religion this is. Let me know if you do find out as I have not seen this mark before. Post a new Message on this Message Board if you do find out.