Question
Posted by: mia | 2004/01/12

shoulders feel like they are disintergrating

I had an op on my left shoulder 11 years ago on my collar bone. There was bone growth which the doc thought was a result from an accident or fall. As a result I had a piece of my collarbone removed.

Now both my shoulder joints feel like "mush" and unless I use my miscles to tighten them, it feels as if they are going to dislocate. I can't put any pressure on them and sleeping is starting to get very uncomfortable.

Should I see a regular doc? or should I see a physio? I'm not sure where to go with this.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Mia
Get yourself to a physio who will help you with stabilisation exercises for your shoulders. Unfortunately once you remove the collar bone or a piece thereof, the only boney connection the shoulder has with the body is gone.
Douglas