Posted by: Christy Bloo | 2012/08/29


hi there, i need advice please. I have this painful shoulder for a few months now (cant remember where or how I injured it). I went to my GP who then referred me to an OS - the diagnosis was that there is moisture in between the bones / ball and socket joint and hairline tear in the muscle. the OS gave me 2 cortizone injections which took the pain away for 2 weeks. Injections were VERY painful I must add. he then referred me to an PT for therapy - the shoulder has not healed and the problem is still there. What now? Is the problem serious? and what is the best solution as I feel the symptom was treated and not the root of the problem.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Unfortunately, you will have to reconsult the orthopedic surgeon for a MRI scan of your shoulder. It is possible that you have not recovered from the injury in full. If conservative treatment was not effective, you might need surgery. In the interim, you can use two Myprodol capsules, three times daily. Heat followed by cold compress will be beneficial to alleviate your pain.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.