Posted by: B | 2008/08/28

Shoulder pain

My hubby has been suffering with neck/shoulder pain since Sunday. He used to get this often before, but since changing to decaf coffee has not had a problem. On Sunday he decided to make a pot of percolated coffee and used regular coffee. Not to long after that the pain started. He insists that he just slept wrong but then the pain should of subsided by now. It is so bad that he can' t turn his head or look down. He tried panados and ibuprofen but they don' t even take the edge off the pain. What can I get for him to help make the pain go away?

thanks B

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear B,

The pain you are describing is often due to tissue or even a nerve trapped in the small joints of the neck vertebrae leading to pain and an inability to rotate the neck. A chiropractor may help him with this and he should also have an X-ray taken to exclude any more sinister causes

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer