Question
Posted by: Nic | 2008/01/22

Shoulder Injury

I recently injured my left shoulder at the gym. I think that its my rotarcuff. I have pain but It's not unbearable. I have been training much lighter over the past 2 weeks and I'm currently using Arnica gel and voltaren tablets.

It's been 3 weeks - do i need to see a Dr.? Will this make a difference? If not what can i do to speed up recovery?

I can't afford to take anymore time off because I am on a strict training program with a trainer.

Please help!

Hi Nic
I think you should see a physiotherapist – one can get permanent damage if not treated correctly. You are already taking what the doctor would probably give you, but you may need some physio treatments.