Question
Posted by: gee | 2005/01/04

Shoulder "clicking" in and out

Hi, Happy new year to all.

A Month back, doing weight training, i felt my left shoulder acting up a bit, so i stopped. But now since then, whenever i lift my arm beyond the 90' point, it clicks, and once i put it down again, another click. Sort of like in and out of joint.
There isn't much pain but it does hurt a bit and it definetely makes any movement with that arm very difficult.
I put my right hand over it when it happens, and i feel this "in and out" on the top of my shoulder, in the middle.
Please can you tell me what it could be and what i should do about it?

Thanks a lot

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Gee

Chances are you have overworked one of the shoulder muscles so it is pulling tight and the joint is then pulled off course while you are doing the movement. I reckon the best thing you can start with is go for a good massage where they focus on your shoulder and neck.

Douglas