Question
Posted by: Samy | 2004/10/28

should just back off

You know i have been attracted by this quen but its real hard to make that connection and I`ve been in this situation for a year now.the thing is that I love her but i compare myself with her, for instance if we right a test and i found out that i loose i feel that i cannot fall inlove with someone who scores better than me and compared to the way we live she is the best but how can i do this maybe i could not afford to buy things that will keep her happy and i just watch cause realy when i see her i just pretend as someone i talked to before and looked down.
but i cannot go on like this can i just back of or can i make it clear but if i cannot afford the situation what shall i do.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Samy,

what you first have to decide is whether you want to have a relationship with this person. Life is not a competition and if you like somone then whether they are doing better than you at tests should not become an obstacle. It sounds as if you are feeling quite insecure about yourself, and you firstly have to think more positively about yourself. Then it won't matter who does better at tests.

If you like each other then there should also be respect for each others feelings, and whilst you are treating things as a competition they may not see things this way.

If you are nervous take things slowly, just try chatting casually at first and go from there. This way your confidence in the situation and yourself can grow. You should feel good about being you!

3
Posted by: samy OR samio | 2004/10/30

Hey ZEE i apologise for that. I am 17years.
and i also thank the Expert for that response. and i knew what i was doing was not right and i shouldnt compare they way we live so i thank you a lot.
thanks

Reply to samy OR samio
Posted by: SAMY | 2004/10/29

but i think that doesnt matter but incase you have something brilliant you can say I am 20 years Old.

Reply to SAMY
Posted by: Zee | 2004/10/29

How old are you?

Reply to Zee