Question
Posted by: WorryWart | 2006/07/31

Should I worry and get tested?

I haven't worried much when it happened, but it is haunting me now. I once tried on trousers in the kids department, I am built small and wear age 11-12 trousers. The trousers had a belt with a broach on, I had to remove the broach to be able to try it on and pricked myself with the pin. What are my changes of getting HIV infected? Should I bother to get tested?

Dear Worrywart
I don't think you have to have yourself tested as the chances of getting HIV this way is very slim.

1
Posted by: Angelo | 2006/07/31

I know people say better safe than sorry but there is about a 1 in 5 billion chance you can get HIV that way. You have more chance winning 2 Lotto's in a row. HIV iscontracted through infected body fluids.

Reply to Angelo