Question
Posted by: Jobby | 2007/08/15

Should I quit

Hi I have been working for this company for a few months and my boss told me that there are off months and on months. The few months I have been here were off months. This month things started to pick up but not that much. Now I will work for 1 hour and then sit and wait for work for the rest of the day. My problem is that I dont mind sitting there doing nothing its just that it doesnt look good. My boss and my collegues are all nice people and the enviroment that we work in is good. Financially I am not that happy, but I am on probation for 6 months and then I will get an increase. What should I do? Should I wait till the work gets more and see if I get paid more or should I start looking out for something else.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

I am not necessarily competent to answer this. I would suggest you try and ascertain what can go better, what opportunities there are what skills you can acquire and at the same time look for alternative employment. Good luck.