Question
Posted by: RDK | 2004/10/26

SHOULD I OR SHOULDNT I?

I cant remember exactly where on this website I read that if your period is late after having started Clomid, in all probablilty you are pregnant. How true is this? I am 6 days late and very two-minded in getting a HPT. I have been up to 10 days late before, but that was before Clomid. Spoke to my doctor yesterday and she said that I should wait another week. On the one hand I want to, and on the other I want to run across to the pharmacy and get a HPT now.

I'd suggest that you do the pregnancy test.

4
Posted by: RDK | 2004/10/26

No, I didnt even think about that - thanks for pointing it out! Let's keep our fingers crossed in the meantime for the both of us!
Best of luck to you!

Reply to RDK
Posted by: WS | 2004/10/26

Hi, RDK! Did you do another progesterone test after your finished your Clomid to see if it actually worked for you? I was on Clomid last month and according to my blood test results it didn't work so I'm supposed to take it again this month but I still didn't get a period and I am 6 days late as well.

Reply to WS
Posted by: RDK | 2004/10/26

To KS
Thanks! So even if I do it now and it's negative I can still do one at a later stage cos it may have been too early. I just dont want my hopes dashed. Have been trying for almost 3 years now and nothing yet. Has Clomid helped for you?

Reply to RDK
Posted by: KS | 2004/10/26

I am sure you are anxious to know but having been ttc for 2 years myself and alos having been on clomid several times it is certainly possible that you are simply late as ovulation may have happened on a different 'time" from the expected one. On the other hand It is also possible that you are pregnant.

If you really cant wait then do the HPT, if it is negative - perhaps it is too early ?

Reply to KS