Question
Posted by: RR | 2006/04/04

Should I or shouldn't I fall pregnant now

I am 26 and my husband 28. I only have one ovary. I already had two Laparoscopy's to remove cysts. I want to know whether or not my husband and I should think of falling pregnant as soon as possible or is it safe to wait for a year or so, seeing that my mother, mother in law and all the other woman in our family had a hard time falling pregnant. I have been on The Pill for 13 years now, first triphazil. biphazil and currently jasmine. It is my dream, having a baby of my own one day.... Can you please give me advice on this.

If you had endometriotic cysts then the sooner you start the better. If they were just other benign cysts then you can wait a couple of years.

3
Posted by: RR | 2006/04/05

Thanx for your reply. It means so much to me.

Reply to RR
Posted by: d | 2006/04/04

I fell pregnant with only one ovary and have had many hormonal problems, cysts and other complications....normal couples can take up to 12 months to conceive...trust, relax and don't loose hope!

Reply to d
Posted by: Andy | 2006/04/04

Hi RR
Every woman's body differs. But seeing that you have been on the pill so long I would think that it would be best to leave the pill so that it can get out of your system. With only one ovary and a history of infertlity issues in your family you should consider starting now.
Best of luck and I hope that you don't have trouble falling pregnant when you decide the time is right for you.

Reply to Andy