Question
Posted by: deby | 2007/12/05

should i leave

my husband and i are ingreat turmoil due to pressure from his family. they areconstantly trying to interfere in my marriage to the point that now he speaks of a separation. what should i do? we are now living separate lives but in the same house. i am going crazy about the situation and every time i try to make him understand what is happening he blames me - asks me what is going on with me - he says i am crazy. yet i am the sane one!

a few months ago we saw the effects of the interference on another marriage - why cant he see that.

what should i do? i am thinking of leaving - cant exactly live in ths manner.we dont even speak anymore

Why is he allowing them to interfere so much ? Its impossible for them to interfere unless the pair of you allow them to do so, and pay attention to their comments. Can you persuade him to join you in seeing a marriage counsellor, to see what can be sorted out when working together ? Why does he insist on giving his family so much power ?

1
Posted by: Happy | 2007/12/06

Hi Deby

I have experienced this type of behaviour before. You need to understand where your husband is coming from. Is he an educated individual. If he is then surely he is making a decision in the best interest of both of you. And in any case, I would assume that you married into his family. So why not just follow him. I am sure that this would help your situation. Does his family stay with you? If not, then how can they interfere with your life? Im not sure I understand.

Does your family interfere in both your lives? Maybe you should consider informing your family to also back off.

1. Has he always been there for you and provided for you?
2. Maybe you should consider seeing a psychiatrist about your issues
3. Please be very careful during this time in making blank accusations as they can be seen as defammatory and you and your family could end up with a massive law suit on your hands. If he is an educated individual, be ware. The last thing you want is to see your parents hard earned monies dissipated into settling a law suit.

Hope this helps you.

Reply to Happy