Question
Posted by: lizzie | 2004/11/09

should i give up or fight

im really worried, stuck in a dead end job and will never make it to my desired career in Human resources or working with psychologists.

after completing a bcom degree in industrial psychology, i worked in the bank as a cashier for 2 years. later i resigned and studied with unisa for bcom honours in industrial psychology. i was hoping to become a psychometrist with this qualification, but because opportunities are scarce, i ended up working for one government department as a admin officer.

i been in this position for more than 2 years and im bored. we collect info for a building survey and the jobs entails calling +- 150 people monthly, and capturing the information. this is not challenging and most of the times its boring cause of routine work

what can i do in order to venture into HR? placement agencies are not helpful, they want experience in HR first.
also, what can i do to get a job which is related to my qualifications?

one shrink agreed to train me a psychometrist, but it wont work because monday to friday im working and i cant leave my present job for some training that does not pay a salary. this was an excellent idea but i wont cope financially.

its also diffucult to secure a HR assistant post in government or private sector. Please help

please note that im happy because im not unemployed but i would like to hold a job that is relevant to my qualifications. im willing to learn and work my way up.

R6000 gross does not do for me ......help

Can you volunteer some of your weekend time, either to work with that shrink and a psychometrist, gtting some experience, or with someone in private sector HR, similarly to get experience ?