Question
Posted by: sharn | 2007/12/19

should I feel so guilty?

hey cybershrink
I have been really battling with depression lately even though i'm on medication, my eating patterns are still the same except i'm eating less- i just don't want to try and I have a baby sitting job that I feel i can't even do... I don't know how to smile nevertheless handle how i'm feeling.I have so many people in my life yet I feel like no one loves me.I'm trying to get my mind around my anorexia and bulimia but I need some reassurance, I am a chocoholic and love to binge on refined cake and stuff and I know it's because it gives me immediate gratification for my depression but should I feel so guilty about it.I don't keep it down but I do keep the hot chocolate down.I want to stop it altogether but it's just not possible for me right now.Help?

Why not explore CBT (Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) which helps you control those depressive thoughts. And its also good for eating disorders. CHocolate has some specific chemical effects which are very understandable in terms of brain chemistry. No need to feel guilty for using a reliable chemical solution to some of your bad feelings. And as with all habits, CBT can help you to get it under control, and one would best do it gradually rather than try to do it too suddenly.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/19

Hey Sharn, long time no see. How did your studies go this year? I'm sorry to hear that you are battling again. Are you and your family getting therapy to help you deal with your problems?

Reply to Maria