Question
Posted by: light | 2004/10/14

should i do temporary work assignments or permanent position?

i need advice please. i need security, but i am not happy in my current permanent position. it is just typing, nothing else. is it too much of a gamble to temp? Or should i rather temp and be happy, not sure if money is always coming in or stick it out with permanent position, security, but the money is not good?

Not my area of expertise, but I'm sure other readers will have relevant advice.

2
Posted by: K | 2004/10/15

I have been temping for nine years, a six year long assignment for a major corporate, the last three I have spread amongst the big 4. As Carol says, you do earn more but there are draw backs such as no medical aid, no bonuses etc.

What area are you in - I find that I also have constant asisgnments because I am prepared to work in the centre of Johannesburg!

Reply to K
Posted by: carol | 2004/10/14

It depends on how much temp work is in your area ? I enjoy temping its more flexible and i can learn more

Reply to carol