Posted by: almost mad | 2008/11/10

Should I change my medicaton?

Hi there. hope you well. I have felt for a long time that my cilift is not working for me anymore. I dont know what type of doctor I need to see to change? what do I need to do? I get very depressed and have sudden crashes in my moods. I feel like I need something new.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sounds like your CIlift ( a very good and cost-effective antidepressant ) was prescribed by a GP, who made a good choice. IF you feel its somehow not woprking well for you at present, maybe ask to be referred to a good local PSYCHIATRIST, who can fully re-assess you and advise on alternative treatments, which might include CBT counselling and maybe a different antidepressant drug.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.