Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/06/03

should i ask my boss

i have been working for this small company for 2 years now my bosses are very nice people but now i'm struggle financially last year june they gave a raise and it was a very small amount in fact i was not happy but i sad nothing so this year i should be getting a raise sometime this month with everything going up its difficult to cope with my salary, if they give me the same amount as last year should i telll them or just keep quite and look for another job? the thing is i dont do much i kind of like sit the whole and do nothing not that is not my fault but there is not much to do except answering few calls i have brought to their attention that i would to help where i can they did give me extra job but still its not enough so i dont understand that they are not giving me more money because they feel i dont work that much or what

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Kelly I respect your honesty about your workload which appears to be light. You sound like you are keen to do more and need a bigger challenge? I would accept your new raise and start looking for another job elsewhere or investigate alternative prospects in your own company. Good Luck!!