Question
Posted by: J | 2008/01/11

Shortness of breath

I am about 8 weeks pregnant now and I am experiencing shortness of breath. I read on the net that it's quite common in early pregnancy. Is it really nothing to worry about? I don't have pain when breathing, coughing, heart palpitations or any of the other danger signs.

Please advise

In general, it is fairly common but there are a few serious causes of shortness of breath in pregnancy, so you should see your doctor about it.

Bedst wishes

2
Posted by: Nia | 2008/01/11

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and already experiencing shortness of breath aswell.They say it's normal.

Reply to Nia
Posted by: Boo | 2008/01/11

Hi J

it is indeed normal and nothing to worry about, nasal stuffiness and slight nose bleeds are what you can also expect.

congrats :)

Reply to Boo