Question
Posted by: Debs | 2005/07/15

Short Sighted

Hi Doc - hope you will be able to help. I am 28 years old and during the past 4 months I have noticed things in the distance getting "fuzzy" . I had my eyes tested and was told that i am extremely short sighted. I now have glasses. The optometrist said it is very unusal for someone my age to suddenly become short sighted (should happen before the teens) and especially over such a short period of time. She asked if i was diabetc but i am not - I was tested. Could there be any other reason for this... should I be worried? Thanks!

Debs, I doubt that you need to be worried, but I would see an eye specialist if I were you (just to make sure). Good luck.