Posted by: Stephani | 2008/09/17

shooting pain in right buttock

I need some advice. Since I was 7 months pregnant (36 months ago) I have a shooting pain in my right buttock down to my knee, sometimes into my foot, it comes and goes. It is more pronounced if I have been very busy and is then so sore that my legs can' t support my weight. I am not over weight, relatively fit and very healthy. I' ve been for Chiropractic treatments but it did not work. At the height of this pain I also had constant pain in my feet so that I could not walk - it was worse after a period of rest. I have changed my shoes - I only wear flat shoes with bridge support now and that seems to work. Are the 2 symptoms related? What can I do about the pain in my buttock?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The pain in your "buttocks" is indicative of some neurological irritation and chiropractic should help - consult another chiropractor! The shoes that are lower / more comfortable is indeed part of the solution.

Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/04

Sounds like your sciatic nerve. Chiro does work.

Reply to Carol