Question
Posted by: Zetty | 2007/04/03

Shock of death!!!!

Friend I know lost his wife and son in a accident, which traumatised me more than I thought it would. I knew his son well and was very angry that he died. The wife I knew just in passing but I knew that she was permanently on diet and was always so strict on what they ate ect. Prim and propper. What bothers me most about her death is that she looked so well after herself and what happened she died in a accident. It makes me feel as if why are we bothering with diets and looking good if we could die tommorrow. Am I overreacting or still in the phase of adjusting to the deaths.

Yes, death is never easy to handle, even when the people were not especially close to you. And sudden, unexpected ones can be harder. I understand the feeling that "If we might die tiomorrow, why bother about healthy diets, etc, today ?" But the twin question is ---"Suppose I DON'T die tomorow, and live much longer than maybe I expect --- it'll then be very well worth having looked after myself well earlier on. " Its a sort of investment, and insurance. As George Burns the comedian said when he reached his 80's "If I'd known I would live this long, I'd have taken much better cae of myself:.
I think youre still reacting to these sudden sad deaths, and will work through this . UIf you get stuck in the process, counselling would help, but give yourself more time.

4
Posted by: Zetty | 2007/04/04

Thanks everyone, I am starting to think that maybe I just needed to talk to someone. You guys are right you have to look after yourselve as you could still grow as old as a 100 for all you know.

Reply to Zetty
Posted by: Tally | 2007/04/04

I say live life to the fullest! U still need to make sure that u also live for the future

Reply to Tally
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/03

Shame man! That's terrible! It happens to the best of us!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/03

I sometimes wonder the same thing - like say a person that smokes all they want - and then stop for health reasons, only to gethit by a bus?

I think you are jsut questioning now. Give yourself time

Reply to RMC