Question
Posted by: Saartjie | 2005/11/23

Shiverings

I am 32 years old and quit healthy. Not really overweight. My problem is that I sometimes get heart pulsifications and my hands shiver. I have been to a GP and he referred me to get tests done on my pituary gald. The results showed that there is a problem in the sense that the gland is very much overactive. I have revieved pills for this. My question is that I am afraid that these pills will make me gain weight and of course I will not want that to happen. Is there maybe ny other cure or some other reason for my simptomes?

It doesn't sound to me in the least like anything wrong with the pituitary gland, so I have no idea what they may have found or what the pills you are taking, might be. Simple Anxiety Disorder, perhaps Panic Disorder, causes a racing fast pulse rate, and trembling of the hands, VERY COMMONLY< and can be helped by simple calming medication and by CBT counselling, if available.