Question
Posted by: Chameleon_boy | 2007/04/17

Shit day made better!

Thanks to every1 here helping me and others making a shit day better... i might have been considering suicide this morning but friends like u - even though i dont know u - makes life worth living

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Thanks for the feedback Chameleon_boy and I hope we'll hear from you soon. Cheers.

1
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/17

I am 27 and have been living an active gay life for the last 11 years. - Started young ;)

At no stage have I come out to my family as I feel that it is my right to come out or not.
I am by no means a queen or flamboyant but by no means do I hide myself. I do not lie if someone asks me what my orientation is.
I feel that somethimes the gay community puts too much pressure on coming out and it can be too much for some people who think that they HAVE to come out as if it is a right of passage or that it makes everything right all of a sudden. It must start with yourself first and then it can radiate outwards to effect the people around you.

It is your right to come out or not.
Does it mean that I have not come out that I am a coward?
I don't think so, I feel that it takes more courage to be at peace with yourself than with your family.

Reply to Jack Noir