Question
Posted by: sammy | 2007/03/25

Shirodkar and bleeding

I have recently went to insert a Shirodkar due to cervical incompetence. However after sex I noticed a small amount of blood but no pain. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and starting to feel movement. I would just like to know where the blood came from as the stitch was placed 3 weeks ago. Is there danger of the stitch falling out? Should I stay away from sex altogether? Please help!

The blood may be from irritation to the cervix. It should be okay to have sex at this stage but speak to your doctor about it.