Question
Posted by: bobo | 2008/01/22

shingles

I would like to know that can a person develop shingles on face even if he is not hiv positive.Can he infect others on not and how can he to take care of himself .

worried

Expert ImageNatural health

Shingles is an ailment caused by the Herpes Zoster Virus. It involves the appearance of lesions on the Skin along the paths of the Nerves infected with the Virus. These lesions take the form of crops of small blisters (vesicles) which usually set in on just one side of the chest, back or face and are accompanied by intense Pain and Itching.

It has nothing to do with HIV.

He can use vitamin B supplements and reckeweg makes remedies for shingles (available from pharmacies).

Dr Debbie

2
Posted by: sunitha | 2009/02/13

I work at a practice and one of my patients had shingles
He now has a severe hearing problem.
Has shingles contributed to or affected his hearing in anyway?

Reply to sunitha
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/04/22

Is shingles contagious?

Reply to Mandy