Question
Posted by: Lindi | 2005/11/21

Shingels

Please help, what causes the Shingels and what would you recommend for the treatment.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lindi
Shingles are caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox in children- the herpes virus. It is extremely uncomfortable and painful and you need to get a script from your doctor for the treatment of the disease and the affected areas as well as painkillers if you need them. Some people also do well on tricyclic antidepressants to help them cope with this condition. Please make an appointment with your doctor who can evaluate the progression and who can determine precisely what you need.

1
Posted by: lupe | 2005/11/29

Need a treatment, been using creams and drink pain pills and nothing I have it all over my body, doctors just gave me creams but no use----HELP---

Reply to lupe