Question
Posted by: when will running feel awesome | 2019/06/13

shin splints

I started running in dec last year.. went through a bout of shin splints and as my legs grew stronger the shin splints went away. BUT now they have come back... but its sore all the time...and the pain is localised..it feels as if I have a bruise on a particular spot on my inner shin and even sitting down I can feel it.

- 2019/06/18

Sometimes, you can have a stress fracture, which feels the same as shin splints in the beginning, but then continues for longer. You need an x-ray of the shins, as well as physiotherapy, and most likely a few weeks of rest from running, doing low impact exercise (but the physio will guide you on this). Good luck and I hope that you can start running again soon!